Let’s make this simple: 15 Rapid Fire Blogging Tips… Over the past several years, I can’t tell you how many articles I’ve read on how to blog better, what to blog about, how to get readers, how to gain followers, etc.. Anybody else feel overwhelmed with all of it? Me too. So I’ve put together this little list of very simple tips all in one place to try to help:
- Don’t ramble. Say what you want and make it clear and concise.
- Don’t use CAPTCHA. Again, it’s annoying.
- Post URLs should be the post title. (ummm… duh!)
- Include a search bar, categories, and archives for your readers to find specific posts.
- Take the whimsy buttons and awards off the sidebar, they just create clutter.
- Black text on a white background create the easiest readability.
- Take the music off. It interrupts and it’s annoying.
- To get more comments, ask more questions.
- Writing guest posts will make your blog be viewed as more relevant and useful.
- Hire a designer to keep things in good working order and up-to-date as well as visually pleasing.
- Need blogging topics? Visit forums and link back to posts where you answer their questions.
- Don’t mistitle your posts. Yes, it may be true that sex sales, but lies just irritate, be careful which side you fall on.
- Stop worrying about word count, make your point then stop.
- Want to gain followers? Follow and leave comments on other blogs.
- Build loyalty by responding to comments.
Blogging is a community. If you need help or have questions, ask a blogger that you admire and if somebody asks you something, answer it. We all started out with 0 followers and no idea what we were doing.